Skip to main content

March 21, 2016 - Leipzig



Hallo!  Well I've been in Germany for about three weeks so that's pretty crazy!  I'm still not real good at German yet but I've learned a ton each day.  Germany is amazing as well.  There's so much to do and see here in Leipzig and I love love love it here!  We have been super crazy busy with teaching lots of lessons.  I got right into teaching once I got to Germany so that's so cool!  We have been teaching a bunch of investigators and less actives and it has been the neatest thing.  We are reading the Book of Mormon with a lot of the people we are teaching which is one of the best things you could do aside from the lessons because the scriptures and the Spirit are the best teachers.  We are also teaching an English and a German class at the institute center each week.  Which doesn't make any sense because I've grown up speaking English so I have no idea how to teach it.  And I have no idea how to speak German so of course how the heck do you teach something you don't even know.  But it's fun.  We only get like four or five people at each class which is rough.  But we had a lot of people sign up for it at the last street display we did so that is good as well.  Also we do a street display each week.  It's pretty fun because you meet a ton of people there.  But it's also terrifying because I will meet someone and get so excited then I remember I have no idea what to say next.  But it's really fun once you get talking to people and making appointments and giving out Books of Mormon.  Last P Day we went to see Völkerschlachtdenkmal which is the big memorial from the war in Leipzig and that was pretty cool.  The rest of the week was just a lot of teaching!  So that's super neat!  Well I love you all! Tschüs!

Sister Hammer
Völkerschlachtdenkmal







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 10, 2017 - Hannover - Last Email!

[Gabby's Dad here, I constructed the post below from emails she sent us this week.  Since they were her last emails from the field I wanted to include them.] [Speaking of the heat in Utah] Oh no I'm gonna die when I get home.  It's raining right now and it is great.   100 is too hot, help me.  Today it is about 65 and it is beautiful.  I'm in so much trouble!   It's been a good week.  I was kinda sad for a bit then I just realized all the stuff I have to get done and I don't even have time to get sad oops.  It will be good.   Church was also really great.  I gave my testimony along with Elder Pruett bc he is also getting transferred and so that was neat.  We had a really good Sunday school, and Mia was also there.  She's been reading in the Book of Mormon and loves it.  She has lots of good questions that are super deep haha so we have been working on that.  We have an appointment with her tomorrow and i am really excited.     We hav

June 26, 2017 - Hannover-Whitewashing & Hildesheim Castle

Hey friends!   So I don't have a ton of time today, so it's gonna be short, and it's been a while but it's been really wonderful here in Hannover!  We have been working hard and it's getting there.  White washing is rough sometimes, and it gets discouraging when you don't have anyone to teach, but I have really learned here that the Lord watches out for you and blesses you in ways sometimes you don't recognize until later.   We have had a lot of cool experiences and a lot of fun as well.  Since I don't have a lot of time, I just want to let you all know how much the Lord cares for you and is there for you even when you may not notice until later.  But He is there! I love you all!   Lg, Sister Hammer PS sorry for the overload of pictures this is literally the first group email I've sent this transfer... The district The district Sister Koch & I Sister Koch and I Osnabrück Tausch [Splits] Nochmals

June 19, 2017 - Hannover

Oh mannnnn This is crazy!  I have gotten a trillion emails from the mission about finishing and I'm like NOPE haha naja [oh well] its okay.  It'll be cool. Hannover is getting better.  It's going well here.  Still slow which sucks sometimes but it's picking up.   We had two investigators at church yesterday and it was really cool.  One just kinda showed up and wanted to check it out.  So we sat with her and helped explain everything, and she stayed for all three hours and loved it.  Sister Koch said she was just freuing herself [rejoicing] during my talk in sacrament meeting. (I'm so bad at giving talks in church it is terrifying.)  Anyway, she was really excited during Sunday  school and relief society too.  She even stayed for the Elder's investigator's baptism and loved it.  She's coming next week too.  And the other investigator was a lady we have been trying to contact forever.  And she is friends with a member, and he said to let us know when we