Skip to main content

February 13, 2016 - MTC



Schwester Hammer & Schwester Simpson outside the Provo Temple



Guten Tag!! 

Sonntag was fast and testimony meeting and that was wonderful!  Sundays are also the best because we get to walk to the temple!  We also had the Sunday night Devotional and the speaker was Jenny Oaks Baker.  I kind of died, not going to lie.  She is my favorite.  Her husband spoke first about missionary work and I learned a lot from his remarks.  Then she spoke and performed her violin with her kids.  She spoke on lots of different things, mainly about how the Lord has blessed her music career, and shared her experiences with that.  She also played a lot of pieces and it was absolutely wonderful.

Monntag was good, we didn't do a lot, really.  We just had class most of the day.  We taught our Untersucher, Austin.  Teaching is getting easier each time so that is really good :)

Dienstag we taught Austin again.  We taught him about prayer and the Book of Mormon.  After we taught, we did evaluations with Brother Nielson and he said it was our best lesson we have taught.  I wasn't too confident in that one, but he felt it went well, so we knew what to do next time :)  That evening, we had the Tuesday night Devotional where we sung at, and we sang Be Still, My Soul.  It was so good, and it's one of my favorite hymns, so of course I loved it.  The speakers were Sister and Elder Dube from the Seventy.  Devotionals are my favorite because we hear from lots of General Authorities and it's like having General Conference every week!  It's the best!  They both spoke on missionary work, and I learned a lot. 

Mittwoch really nothing happened.  We taught a lesson but it wasn't nearly as good as the one from Dienstag.  So that was really frustrating.  I couldn't remember much vocab and it was really scattered.  But it was okay.  We learned what we want to fix and that's good.

Donnerstag we didn't do much either.  We had a lot of class and study time so that's always good.  We made lots of goals as a district and that was good.  But nothing really happened.

Freitag was so much better.  We taught Stephan and it was so good!  The Spirit was there so much better and our German was so much better.  He is keeping his commitments to stop smoking and is coming to church with us on Sunday :)  After that, we had TRC (teaching recent converts), and we shared a message about charity and love with two brothers.  It was really good.  I love TRC because it is really fun to teach people who aren't just our teachers pretending to be someone else and it's so fun to get to know them and hear their stories.  Also we had four square of course, and that was insane.  It is so intense and it's a lot of fun.  While we were at dinner yesterday, I was talking to the Armenian Elders and we were talking about  Narnia Holes, which are so cool. They are holes in the walls thought the residence halls, where people put stuff.  So I was sitting in my room eating my hot pocket at my desk and I looked up and I saw the electrical panel, and I remembered about it.  So I opened it and we found a note in there from an elder in 2002 and so we all put our names and missions and dates in it and sealed it back up.  We went in another districts room and found one and it had two ties in it, so that was fun.  
Narnia Hole

Well I'm learning a lot but I'm about half way done and in about three weeks I will be in Germany!  I can't wait!  I know that this church is true and I'm learning so much!  I also would love to hear from you all!  I love you all so much!
Sister Hammer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 10, 2017 - Hannover - Last Email!

[Gabby's Dad here, I constructed the post below from emails she sent us this week.  Since they were her last emails from the field I wanted to include them.] [Speaking of the heat in Utah] Oh no I'm gonna die when I get home.  It's raining right now and it is great.   100 is too hot, help me.  Today it is about 65 and it is beautiful.  I'm in so much trouble!   It's been a good week.  I was kinda sad for a bit then I just realized all the stuff I have to get done and I don't even have time to get sad oops.  It will be good.   Church was also really great.  I gave my testimony along with Elder Pruett bc he is also getting transferred and so that was neat.  We had a really good Sunday school, and Mia was also there.  She's been reading in the Book of Mormon and loves it.  She has lots of good questions that are super deep haha so we have been working on that.  We have an appointment with her tomorrow and i am really excited.     We hav

June 26, 2017 - Hannover-Whitewashing & Hildesheim Castle

Hey friends!   So I don't have a ton of time today, so it's gonna be short, and it's been a while but it's been really wonderful here in Hannover!  We have been working hard and it's getting there.  White washing is rough sometimes, and it gets discouraging when you don't have anyone to teach, but I have really learned here that the Lord watches out for you and blesses you in ways sometimes you don't recognize until later.   We have had a lot of cool experiences and a lot of fun as well.  Since I don't have a lot of time, I just want to let you all know how much the Lord cares for you and is there for you even when you may not notice until later.  But He is there! I love you all!   Lg, Sister Hammer PS sorry for the overload of pictures this is literally the first group email I've sent this transfer... The district The district Sister Koch & I Sister Koch and I Osnabrück Tausch [Splits] Nochmals

June 19, 2017 - Hannover

Oh mannnnn This is crazy!  I have gotten a trillion emails from the mission about finishing and I'm like NOPE haha naja [oh well] its okay.  It'll be cool. Hannover is getting better.  It's going well here.  Still slow which sucks sometimes but it's picking up.   We had two investigators at church yesterday and it was really cool.  One just kinda showed up and wanted to check it out.  So we sat with her and helped explain everything, and she stayed for all three hours and loved it.  Sister Koch said she was just freuing herself [rejoicing] during my talk in sacrament meeting. (I'm so bad at giving talks in church it is terrifying.)  Anyway, she was really excited during Sunday  school and relief society too.  She even stayed for the Elder's investigator's baptism and loved it.  She's coming next week too.  And the other investigator was a lady we have been trying to contact forever.  And she is friends with a member, and he said to let us know when we