Skip to main content

April 17, 2017-Bad Bentheim

Gabby's dad here, Gabby asked that I put together a post for her from the past couple weeks.  She has been very busy.  Below are some paragraphs from emails she has sent us over the past couple weeks and then pictures she sent us today.

Sister Skalka is awesome. We are having a great time. The work is going well. We actually have investigators it is great. We have this one Pieter, the one that we walked to go see, and he is awesome. He is super ready to learn more and he is the sweetest thing. We had a pizza party and talked about the plan of salvation and he is real excited. The branch is pretty good. We have eating appointments a lot and a lot of support.

Conference was so good though.  We don't see the first sesh [session] wegen [because of] time zones and we didn't have time to make it to the Priesthood session but I wanna see it way bad.  President called me yesterday and told me to listen to Elder Bednar's talk about getting reassigned but I haven't had the chance yet.  It will be good though:)  I have learned so much on my mission and its always something different each transfer or area or comp or whatever and it is so neat.
 

I'm doing pretty good. Now I'm in a dritt [3 missionaries together] in Osnabrück until tonight.  So I'm with Sister Leavitt and Gladney and it's been pretty fun  President's niece [Sister Gudnason] is coming tonight as a mini missionary and will be my comp until the end of the transfer so that will be fun.  


 The week was pretty great. It was kinda crazy haha. We were super busy. We had Zoko [Zone Conference] in Hannover, and we had an appointment that evening, and because of the crappy train times we needed to drive. So Wednesday we drove like two hours to Hannover for Zoko, but We needed to get our tires changed as well. We could do it either in Hamburg or Berlin and we were originally gonna go to Hamburg for Zoko but then they told us to go to Berlin. So we had a road trip and drove across the country of Germany all day just to get our tires changed what the heck  haha but it was a lot of fun. We had to leave at like 5:30 in the morning and I drove first and made Sister Gudnason drive the second half because Berlin is insane. And she lives in Berlin because she is President's niece and lives with them as their babysitter and is used to it hahaha. And with Stau [traffic] and everything we drove probably 12 hours the whole day. It was a lot of fun though. And so I got to see a ton of friends who went to Hannover and Berlin so that was sick. The meeting was super good too. 


Sister Gudnason is Here until Wednesday. Then I will go back to Osnabrück and stay with the sisters there. She is so cute. She got home from the Alpine mission in December so she was pretty excited to be a missionary again. It has been really great. She kicks butt and is hilarious. We had an appointment with our investigator Pieter and it was awesome. Last time we talked about the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. He had read a bit and this week we reviewed it and watched the movie. It was awesome. He loved it so much and said he understands a lot better. He is so great. He wanted to come to church really bad but couldn't make it because he is in the Clinic in Hörstel and with the trains and leaving times it just didn't work out. The last couple times we met with him it was just kind of a kennen lernen [get acquainted] thing and just spiritual thoughts and becoming his friend and now he is so close to progressing. If he could get to church and we teach him a few more times then he will be there:) we are gonna try to get him on Tauf Termin [baptismal appointment] soon. He is so ready and it is awesome. The first time we met with him at the beginning of the appointment he didn't really believe in God and it was kind of a maybe but I don't actually know thing, and by the end of the appointment it he was kind of like, yeah why not I'm sure He's there and this week he said he's been trying to pray more and he's like yeah of course I believe in God. Like I love teaching investigators from the beginning then you can really see those steps and their faith growing and with Pieter it is so fast and it is so cool oh my gosh.  It is really cool how you need each of your comps or you learn something from each of them and stuff. I learned so much from Sister Carta even though she was new to the mish [mission] she was so ahead of everything and kicked.  Sister Skalka was awesome and even though we were together for just a couple weeks, we got to be best friends. (Also cool bc she is from not far we can kick it).  So yeah. It's been good.

Easter was really great. I spent it in Osnabrück with the sisters there because Sister Gudnason had to leave. But it was a lot of fun. We went to an eating appointment with the district President and the Elders ans it was really great. Their ward is awesome. Church was really awesome as well.

The week was good. I was excited because we are getting things going real well but guess what I'm getting transferred woohoohoo. I'm going to Köthen to be STL (Sister Training Leader)! I guess I'm excited? But actually not because I don't wanna leave bad bentheim. Things were going really good as well. Just kinda overwhelmed and upset to be leaving the area, especially our investigator Pieter. He is doing so well and i love him so much. We were supposed to have an appointment today but it fell out and I'm so upset but it's okay. 


Dritt Life

members in Osnabrück...not sure what's going on here tbh








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 10, 2017 - Hannover - Last Email!

[Gabby's Dad here, I constructed the post below from emails she sent us this week.  Since they were her last emails from the field I wanted to include them.] [Speaking of the heat in Utah] Oh no I'm gonna die when I get home.  It's raining right now and it is great.   100 is too hot, help me.  Today it is about 65 and it is beautiful.  I'm in so much trouble!   It's been a good week.  I was kinda sad for a bit then I just realized all the stuff I have to get done and I don't even have time to get sad oops.  It will be good.   Church was also really great.  I gave my testimony along with Elder Pruett bc he is also getting transferred and so that was neat.  We had a really good Sunday school, and Mia was also there.  She's been reading in the Book of Mormon and loves it.  She has lots of good questions that are super deep haha so we have been working on that.  We have an appointment with her tomorrow and i am really excited.     We hav

June 26, 2017 - Hannover-Whitewashing & Hildesheim Castle

Hey friends!   So I don't have a ton of time today, so it's gonna be short, and it's been a while but it's been really wonderful here in Hannover!  We have been working hard and it's getting there.  White washing is rough sometimes, and it gets discouraging when you don't have anyone to teach, but I have really learned here that the Lord watches out for you and blesses you in ways sometimes you don't recognize until later.   We have had a lot of cool experiences and a lot of fun as well.  Since I don't have a lot of time, I just want to let you all know how much the Lord cares for you and is there for you even when you may not notice until later.  But He is there! I love you all!   Lg, Sister Hammer PS sorry for the overload of pictures this is literally the first group email I've sent this transfer... The district The district Sister Koch & I Sister Koch and I Osnabrück Tausch [Splits] Nochmals

June 19, 2017 - Hannover

Oh mannnnn This is crazy!  I have gotten a trillion emails from the mission about finishing and I'm like NOPE haha naja [oh well] its okay.  It'll be cool. Hannover is getting better.  It's going well here.  Still slow which sucks sometimes but it's picking up.   We had two investigators at church yesterday and it was really cool.  One just kinda showed up and wanted to check it out.  So we sat with her and helped explain everything, and she stayed for all three hours and loved it.  Sister Koch said she was just freuing herself [rejoicing] during my talk in sacrament meeting. (I'm so bad at giving talks in church it is terrifying.)  Anyway, she was really excited during Sunday  school and relief society too.  She even stayed for the Elder's investigator's baptism and loved it.  She's coming next week too.  And the other investigator was a lady we have been trying to contact forever.  And she is friends with a member, and he said to let us know when we