Skip to main content

January 2, 2017 -Happy New Year!- Gera, Germany

Hey friends:)

This week was really good. We didn't have much going on, but it was good. Monday was cool. We went to Glauchau for lunch with Fam[ily] Martin. It was really wonderful. We shared with them the Mormon message from President Uchtdorf "Our True Identity". In this video, perhaps you remember it from General Conference, President Uchtdorf tells the story about the Ugly Duckling. He tells about how he is feeling so bad, and flies away with some swans. He looked in the water, and realized he was a beautiful swan. He realized who he is. President Uchtdorf talked about how we should realize who we really are, beautiful sons and daughters of God. I thought a lot about how I was in Young Women's and how we said the theme every week, we are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. So often did I say that but think nothing of it. But how cool is that really! We are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us! We have the potential to be like Him one day and he wants to help us! How wonderful is that. I promise even though life sucks sometimes and we don't know what we are doing or what we should do or why something is going wrong, that as we think of our Heavenly Father and the love He has for us, that knowledge can really bless us and help us.

Wednesday evening, we went by on a referral. Or at least tried to. We hiked a mountain to get there, and when we finally got there, we klingled [rang the bell], but they saw who we were and didn't answer. So we headed back to the Bahn [train] and visited Fam[ily] Heiland. It was wonderful. It was just a go by, nothing big planned, but they were really excited that we came by. They were so sweet and SUPER helpful in giving us information on the ward and who is who that aren't active and things like that. It was super. 

Thursday we went to Meerane for lunch with Fam[ily] Siegel. We haven't had a chance to meet with them yet, and they were SO sweet. They talked a lot about everything and we had a wonderful time with them. They live a million miles across town, and so it is a bit hard to visit, and so they loved having us over, to visit and get to know them. It was absolutely wonderful to get to know them and support. 

Friday we were by Schwester [sister] Dörlitz of course:) we had a wonderful visit and she talked a lot about the church through the DDR [German Democratic Republic - East Germany] and the miracles that occurred. We read a bit from President Monson's book he wrote from his journal as he came and visited East Germany and I think how amazing is it that we are allowed here to come teach the gospel, to worship in a beautiful Church building, that the Saints here can even have scriptures to study.  How amazing is it that a temple here was built and continues to bless the lives of the members here today. 

Saturday for New Year's Eve we were at Bishop Kosak's place. We had Raclette and played games with Christian and Angelika as well. It was super fun.

Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and it was wonderful. I doodled a bit in my planner as I listened to all the testimonies, and what I did was I wrote one point that I took from each testimony and wrote it in my planner. At the end of the meeting, I looked over it, and noticed the big theme that impressed me was Christ's love for us. There were so many testimonies given about Christ and I just realized how much He loves me. How much he loves every one of us. It was super cool because it was just what I needed this week. 

He loves us more than we can imagine! He is always there for us! Sister Carta and I read about believing Christ a lot this week.  If we believe Christ, and all that He can do for us, not just believing in Him, but believing Him, then can he help us and we can have the strength and all the blessings from Him through the Atonement. He loves all of you! He is always there and will help us when we believe Him! Thank you for your love and support! I love you all!

Lg

Sister Hammer

This is literally the only picture from this week. And it's not even good. I'm not sure what was going on here. Enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 10, 2017 - Hannover - Last Email!

[Gabby's Dad here, I constructed the post below from emails she sent us this week.  Since they were her last emails from the field I wanted to include them.] [Speaking of the heat in Utah] Oh no I'm gonna die when I get home.  It's raining right now and it is great.   100 is too hot, help me.  Today it is about 65 and it is beautiful.  I'm in so much trouble!   It's been a good week.  I was kinda sad for a bit then I just realized all the stuff I have to get done and I don't even have time to get sad oops.  It will be good.   Church was also really great.  I gave my testimony along with Elder Pruett bc he is also getting transferred and so that was neat.  We had a really good Sunday school, and Mia was also there.  She's been reading in the Book of Mormon and loves it.  She has lots of good questions that are super deep haha so we have been working on that.  We have an appointment with her tomorrow and i am really excited.     We hav

June 26, 2017 - Hannover-Whitewashing & Hildesheim Castle

Hey friends!   So I don't have a ton of time today, so it's gonna be short, and it's been a while but it's been really wonderful here in Hannover!  We have been working hard and it's getting there.  White washing is rough sometimes, and it gets discouraging when you don't have anyone to teach, but I have really learned here that the Lord watches out for you and blesses you in ways sometimes you don't recognize until later.   We have had a lot of cool experiences and a lot of fun as well.  Since I don't have a lot of time, I just want to let you all know how much the Lord cares for you and is there for you even when you may not notice until later.  But He is there! I love you all!   Lg, Sister Hammer PS sorry for the overload of pictures this is literally the first group email I've sent this transfer... The district The district Sister Koch & I Sister Koch and I Osnabrück Tausch [Splits] Nochmals

June 19, 2017 - Hannover

Oh mannnnn This is crazy!  I have gotten a trillion emails from the mission about finishing and I'm like NOPE haha naja [oh well] its okay.  It'll be cool. Hannover is getting better.  It's going well here.  Still slow which sucks sometimes but it's picking up.   We had two investigators at church yesterday and it was really cool.  One just kinda showed up and wanted to check it out.  So we sat with her and helped explain everything, and she stayed for all three hours and loved it.  Sister Koch said she was just freuing herself [rejoicing] during my talk in sacrament meeting. (I'm so bad at giving talks in church it is terrifying.)  Anyway, she was really excited during Sunday  school and relief society too.  She even stayed for the Elder's investigator's baptism and loved it.  She's coming next week too.  And the other investigator was a lady we have been trying to contact forever.  And she is friends with a member, and he said to let us know when we